Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Mansions on The Crescent

I (Rob) was looking at Google Maps of Vancouver when I noticed a most peculiar street called The Crescent.

Intrigued by this circular street without a standard suffix, I decided I must explore this area at once.  So on Sunday, Sara and I made our way via standing-room-only-Olympic-fans-packed bus to this mysterious Crescent.

Readers, I assure you The Crescent lived up to my wonder.  Sara felt strongly that I shouldn't take pictures of the fantastic old mansions we saw around the The Crescent, so I refer you to Google Street View.  Some were once glorious now decrepit, while others had been maintained and rebuilt.  Several estates had second or even third sister houses built on them which we speculated must be for the owner's grown up children.

That is all for now.  I hope to return to this "Shaughnessy" neighbourhood one day soon for more exploring.

-Rob

1 comment:

  1. hahahaha. This is such a Rob and Maman thing to do! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete