Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Family Dinner

Quick post, since it's time for me to get ready to for work tomorrow!

Just came back from eating sushi with my relatives - uncle Walter and first cousins Agnes and Mary. Walter and Agnes were in town for the night visiting Mary, who's started university up here. Unless I'm mistaken, it's the third occasion I've seen the three of them - once when I was around 11, once when I was 24, and now.

They buzzed our apartment around 7:30pm and after a brief tour we walked up to a good sushi place on Fourth. After extensive menu study, we ordered a variety of selections and some white wine. We wrapped up some two hours later, mostly because the food was a bit slow coming and we ordered a couple rounds, but it was a blessing as we had more time to talk. The whole night felt like family, in a good way. We walked the three back to their car around 9:45pm.

-Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment